Taxed Fuel Sampling equipment consists of three main groups of products:
- Pipette (sampling rod), available in three different lengths, GP 30, GP 60, and GP 84, to sample fuel tanks of over the vehicle vehicles to provide a visual analysis of whether the fuel is clear (taxed) or red (untaxed).
- Vacuum pump, PV 20, is used to extract a small sample of fuel if a visual analysis of sample in pipette is not sufficient to make a determination, or if a sample needs to be sent to lab for analysis, or for a retain sample to show what fuel was taken from the tank. Vacuum pump connects with poly tubing (T-100 R or T-100S), and may be fitted onto pipette or inserted into tank.
- Sample bottles, glass or plastic with a 20 mm neck, are screwed onto bottom of vacuum pump to capture the sampled fuel. Bottles shown on Fuel Sample Bottle page.
- GP30: A 30” length, .165 diameter screening pipette (screening rod) made from polypropylene plastic for the detection of red dye in diesel, indicating the presence of non-highway taxed fuel. Each pipette is individually sleeved to ensure the integrity of taking samples with clean equipment. When using the pipette to see the true color of the sample, look at the meniscus, which is the drop of fuel at the top of the captured fuel sample. If you flick the pipette with your finger, it will cause a series of bubbles to form in the pipette and you will have meniscuses to visually analyze. The pipette is designed to take a quick fuel sample to determine if the fuel potentially contains red dye. It is used to quickly alert you to a questionable fuel sample. $40.00 (100 pipettes); $65.00 (200 pipettes); $115.00 (400 pipettes)
- GP60: 60″ length pipettes made and sleeved exactly like the GP30, used for acquiring fuel samples. $65.00 (100 pipettes);
$115.00 (200 pipettes)
- GP84: 84″ length pipettes made and sleeved exactly like the GP30, used for acquiring fuel samples.
- PV20: A vacuum pump for taking fuel samples, with a 20 mm opening to attach the 2 oz. bottle, and an opening to secure tubing for sampling. The pump is equipped with a vacuum release valve on the front of the pump to allow immediate vacuum release to prevent over filling of the bottle.
- T100R: Flexible ¼” polypropylene tubing, packaged in 100′ rolls, used in conjunction with the PV20 pump for acquiring fuel samples.
- T100S: Semi rigid ¼” polypropylene straight, 60” long. There are 20 pieces per sleeve, for a total of 100’. This is used in conjunction with the PV20 pump for acquiring fuel samples.
- T100S-84: Semi rigid ¼” polypropylene straight, 84” long. There are 20 pieces per sleeve. This is used in conjunction with the PV20 pump for acquiring fuel samples from the top of a tanker truck.
- A-72: 72 (3×5) White absorbent pads which will absorb diesel fuel. These are the same size pads used in SELA bottle kits. Vividly shows red dyed fuel when placed on the pad. Will NOT absorb water.
- A-144: 144 (6×10) White absorbent pads which will absorb diesel fuel, commonly used for small spills and vividly shows red dyed fuel when placed on the pad. Will NOT absorb water.